Makes about 6 tacos
Does anyone dislike tacos? I could eat them every single day, and I often do. You can put pretty much anything in a taco and it will be delicious. For these ones, I roasted up some cauliflower and delicata squash and drizzled on some easy-but-fancy sauces. YUM.
For the veggies:
1 large head cauliflower, chopped into florets
1-2 small delicata squash, halved, seeded, and cut into half-moons
Paprika, garlic powder, salt + pepper
For the mint tahini:
3 tbsp tahini
Juice of 1 small lime
2 tbsp chopped fresh mint (you can use dry if there’s no fresh)
6 tbsp water (depending on the thickness of your tahini)
Salt and pepper
Soft blue corn taco shells or shell/tortilla of your choice
Some of From My Bowl’s Romesco Sauce
Any other garnish you like
1. Preheat your oven to 425°C.
2. For the cauliflower: sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika and a little oil and toss. Spread on a lined baking sheet.
3. For the squash: sprinkle with salt + pepper and a little oil, toss, spread on a lined baking sheet.
4. Roast the veggies for about 30 minutes or until browned and tender.
5. Meanwhile, make the sauces. The romesco sauce recipe can be found here.
6. For the mint tahini, whisk together the tahini, lime juice, and 3 tbsp water. Keep adding water to thin it out to desired consistency, 1 tbsp at a time. Stir in the salt and pepper and the fresh mint.
7. Assemble your tacos! You can warm the tortillas in the microwave or in a skillet (or on a flame if you’re lucky enough to have a gas stove). Put some veggies in the shells, drizzle with the sauces and any other garnishes you like, and voilà, taco heaven.